Core XCB utility functions
The XCB util module provides a number of libraries which sit on top of libxcb, the core X protocol library, and some of the extension libraries. These experimental libraries provide convenience functions and interfaces which make the raw X protocol more usable. Some of the libraries also provide client-side code which is not strictly part of the X protocol but which has traditionally been provided by Xlib.
The XCB util module provides the following libraries:
- aux: Convenient access to connection setup and some core requests.
- atom: Standard core X atom constants and atom caching.
- event: Some utilities that have little to do with events any more.
- Versions: 0.4.0
- Website: https://cgit.freedesktop.org/xcb/util/
- Licenses: X11
- Package source: gnu/packages/xorg.scm
- Builds: See build status
- Issues: See known issues
Install the latest version of
xcb-util as follows:
guix install xcb-util
Or install a particular version:
guix install firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also install packages in augmented, pure or containerized environments for development or simply to try them out without polluting your user profile. See the
guix shell documentation for more information.